Philadelphia hosted to an expo for the most popular video game in the world, and the event brought families together to educate through entertainment.

"We usually play Minecraft all the time. Probably like six hours a day, we used to, then my mom limited it," Logan shared. "I love the creativity. At my house, I build a whole bunch of houses and mansions are my main thing. I really like to build."

At the weekend, Logan and more than 5,000 other fans packed into the Academy of Natural Sciences in Center City for Minefaire, a convention of all things Minecraft.

"It is the number one game of all time," said founder and organizer Gabe Young. "It beat Tetris earlier this year. Minecraft has overtaken the globe, in terms of number of players per month, and all time."

Young said the event, which has virtual reality experiences, an escape room, and other activities, gives families a chance to immerse themselves in a unique experience.

"Part of it is learning," Young explained. "Part of it is being with your tribe, part of it is introducing stuff to your parents that you wouldn't be able to do at home."

A portion of the revenue from the event are going to Public Citizens for Children and Youth, a local advocacy group for juveniles.

No comments have been submitted to this thread yet.